At McLaren health we provide sexual health care that is client focused, culturally appropriate and of an excellent standard. All our sexual health care is confidential, easy and hassle free. Your results are yours alone and shared only with you.
The sexual health services that we offer include:
- Sexual health counselling
- Adult sexual abuse service including the care of related medical, nursing and social issues
- Sexual health education
- Sexual health screening and testing
- Diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted infections and other related conditions including genital skin conditions, genital pain
- Sexual dysfunction advice and treatment
- Reproductive health including contraceptive advice
Some test results will be available when you are seen and treatment can be given if required. Confirmed results will be available within 2-7 days. If any of your results come back as positive we will contact you.
The following symptoms may indicate a sexually transmitted infection and we would suggest you attend for a checkup or ring for further advice:
- A discharge from the penis or vagina
- Pain passing urine
- Pain in the lower stomach or genitals
- Lumps or swelling in the genital area
- Genital sores or ulcers
- Genital rashes
- Anal symptoms relating to sexual intercourse
Not all sexually transmitted infections have symptoms. We advise a routine checkup 2 weeks after unprotected sex or if you have had a change in partner.
All patients at McLaren health can have a chaperone for any appointment: someone to come into the doctor’s room with them.
A chaperone can be a family member, a friend or a member of staff. If you would like a member of our staff to come with you when you see our doctors, please let reception know when you make your appointment.
For friendly, confidential assessment and treatment make an appointment by phone or online.