Having diabetes means you need to take greater care of yourself. In order to manage your diabetes, and the impact it has on your lifestyle and your family, you need to have regular checks. You need to keep an eye on the following:
- Blood Pressure
- Cholesterol HDL and LDL
- Eye health
- Foot health.
Our doctors and nurses can provide information on lifestyle and treatment options, and support as you make choices about how to manage your health. We can help you with your diet, exercise, weight, blood glucose testing, and how to manage your diabetic treatment, whether it be tablets or insulin injections.
We can provide advice and support on any other concerns you may have about your diabetes care.
We can set up FREE regular appointments for our enrolled patients with diabetes so both you and our staff can monitor your health care more closely.
Find out if you have a high risk of developing diabetes: Do any of these sound like you?
- European aged 40 years or older
- Diabetes in your family (grandparents, parents, brothers and sisters)
- Maori, Asian, Middle Eastern or Pacific Island descent and aged 30 years or older
- High Blood Pressure
- Overweight (especially if you carry your weight around your waist)
- Diagnosed with having Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT)
- Diabetes during pregancy
Our staff at McLaren Health are trained to diagnose and treat diabetes.
Please ask our clinical staff for a blood test form.